ICYMI ISDA AGM 2019 Round Up
ISDA ran various polls with the attendees, here's a summary of voting taken from the ISDA Twitter feed https://twitter.com/ISDA
- 38% say they are working to identify collateral management challenges
- 36% say they see uncertainty on implementing FRTB for Asia (but that probably applies globally)
- 45% say they are digitising legal documents (I assume beyond scanning PDFs, but turning them into true digital data)
- 37% say they will be ready by the end of 2019 for an ISDA protocol on IBOR fallbacks (many are already ready)
- 38% think investment in collateral management will bring the biggest technological benefit
- 39% say the complexity of the OTC market infrastructure is a barrier to processing
- 66% say their investment priority is to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- 78% say we will have robot lawyers in 10 years time. Were any of the voters lawyers?
- The issue of market fragmentation:
- Blockchains and DTCC video with Valentino Wotton: https://www.theotcspace.com/content/isda-agm-2019-valentino-wotton-–-d...
- Replacing dumb contracts with smart ones video: https://www.theotcspace.com/content/isda-agm-2019-scott-farrell-king-and...
- Board member updates: https://www.theotcspace.com/content/three-new-directors-join-isda-board
- FRTB rules analysis: https://www.theotcspace.com/content/fundamental-review-trading-book-and-...
- CEO SCott O'Malia remarks: https://www.theotcspace.com/content/isda-agm-2019-scott-o’malia-welcom...
- Chairman Eric Litvack remarks: https://www.theotcspace.com/content/isda-agm-2019-eric-litvack-chairman-...
- ISDA Margin Survey: https://www.theotcspace.com/content/isda-margin-survey-year-end-2018
- ISDA CDM and DAML: https://www.theotcspace.com/content/digital-asset-and-isda-introduce-too...
That's it until next year.