CCP Clearing and Risk Management Insights
Clearing Houses are a huge concern among the largest banks in Europe and America having been deemed "too big to fail" by The Financial Times since the Clearing Houses became risk managers for global markets in the post 2007-crisis era. Leading up to Risk EMEA 2015, CFP spoke to Ricky Maloney, Buy Side Sales and Relations Manager, Eurex and Nick Chaudhry, Head of OTC Clearing, Commerzbank about the evolving concerns.
In the lead up to the event, CFP spoke to Ricky Maloney, Buy Side Sales and Relations Manager, Eurex and Nick Chaudhry, Head of OTC Clearing, Commerzbank about the evolving concerns surrounding Clearing houses becoming risk managers for global markets.
The Q&A can be viewed through the Risk EMEA website, by following the following link. It includes the following questions and the respective answers of both Rickey Maloney, and Nick Chaudhry:
- There have been a number of changes to CCP Clearing over the last couple of years, what would you say are the top 1 or 2 issues and why?
- At CFP’s CCP Clearing and Risk Management Forum, April 13, you will be participating in a panel discussion on ‘Assessing The Decision Makers for CCP Selection and Making Informed Judgements’, can you explain to CFP’s readers why this is an important subject matter for CCP Clearing?
- How would you best evaluate the correct level of disclosure and the threat of competition?
- What would you say are the key factors to consider in the selection process?
- How do you better understand the topics faced and determine the liabilities?
Users that are registered with The OTC Space can obtain an exclusive 15% discount on entry prices. Simply use the dicount code 'OTC15' when purchasing.