Operations & Finance Consultant 1
Wed, 12/18/2019 - 20:42
Why join us:
Murex is the right place for you if you are looking to work alongside other bright and motivated individuals in an environment where collaboration and ownership are highly valued. We believe in empowering our people to take the reigns in tackling challenging opportunities with support and guidance when needed. We also believe in the continuous growth of our team and encourage exploration to keep ahead of the fast-paced changes in capital markets and fintech.
As a financial consultant in the Murex New York office Operations and Finance team, you will work closely with our clients which are major banks, hedge funds, asset managers, insurance companies, corporate and other players in the capital markets. Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising on Murex best practices in the organizational modeling in MX.3, transaction lifecycle management, confirmation and matching of transactions, settlements, position management, and financial reporting
- Contributing to client-site MX.3 implementations during the requirements gathering, design, build, test and deployment phases by participating in workshops, preparing documentation, configuring client requirements and performing quality assurance tests.
- Providing client support including managing open issues and supporting upgrade activities
- Communicating development needs to the Murex product development team
- Providing internal and external training
In addition to the above, you may also serve as a functional expert in the sales process.
- Recent graduate or 1 to 5 years of experience (in Murex or elsewhere)
- Strong academic background in business, finance, mathematics, and accounting
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating system, SQL, and basic programming is a plus
- Familiarity with the trade lifecycle
- Fluent written & oral English is necessary; fluency in another language is a plus
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify trends and recommend a course of action to resolve/improve/enhance the usage of our solution
- Management of complex client relationships
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to listen to client requirements, seek to understand their business, and translate them into the application and operational requirements
- Is self-motivated and a team player
- Has a strong interest in financial markets
- Ability to travel
Murex is a recognized global leader in software development for trading, risk management and processing. Every day banks, asset managers, corporations and utilities, across the world, rely on Murex people and Murex solutions to support their capital markets activities. Our motto “pioneering again” sums it all up: since its creation, Murex has reinvented itself time and again to adapt to capital markets revolutions – each time offering innovative software solutions to the industry.
Over 2200 specialists are located across our 17 offices: Beijing, Beirut, Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Moscow, New York, Paris, Sao Paulo, Santiago, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto.