Head of Market Supervision | London £80k – £120k
Head of Market Supervision, £80k – £120k basic.
The client, a prestigious Exchange based in London, is looking for a Head of Market Supervision. This person will be responsible for regulating the Exchange’s secondary markets, which includes real-time market monitoring and market abuse detection. This is a permanent role offering £80,000-£120,000.
The Head of Market Supervision will be managing 14 people, which are divided into small teams which monitor the different parts of the business. You will be responsible for developing a first class market monitoring and supervision function, and working with the teams to develop new monitoring, market abuse and rule breach detection methods.
You will also be liaising with the FCA’s Market Conduct teams, participating in the FCA Surveillance Practitioners Group and representing the Exchange externally. This role will require you to prepare reports and present to the Head of UK Regulation and sit on internal committees, including the Executive Panel which hears disciplinary cases.
• Experience managing a team of staff
• Experience in a market supervision, regulatory or compliance role is preferred
• Strong experience in market monitoring and market abuse detection
• Knowledge of FCA requirements in relation to Market Supervision
• Financial services experience would be ideal- either in an investment firm, trading platform or regulation.
• Understanding of the cash and derivative markets and trading
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a senior position within a world-leading Exchange. Should you feel you have the necessary experience, please apply within.
Contact Nathan at Kite via: Nathan.Fuller@kite-group.com