ICYMI: Learn How to Prepare for SFTR at a TFE, Equilend and Trax Breakfast Briefing
In case you missed it – the SFTR Breakfast Briefing is coming up on Wednesday morning with The Field Effect, Equilend and Trax.
The Field Effect, a specialist consultancy for securities financing and the leading voice of SFTR solution design, in association with EquiLend & Trax, would like to invite you to hear from securities finance and regulatory reporting SMEs on SFTR.
Please join us for breakfast, networking and updates from leading industry experts.
The breakfast briefing event will be held on Wednesday 6th December 2017, at Pewterers Hall, Oat Lane, London EC2V 7DE.
Welcome & Introduction
08:15am – 08:30am
David Field, founder of The Field Effect will introduce the event and walk through the agenda.
Market Impacts and Future State
08:30am – 09:15am
- Simon Davies, SFTR SME, Senior Consultant at The Field Effect
- Mark Barnard, Securities Finance Practice Lead at The Field Effect
Topics will include:
- An overview of SFTR
- An explanation of the impacts of SFTR on firms across Repo / SBL / Buy-Sell Back & Margin Lending
- How firms should prepare for compliance and what the potential opportunities are
- The future of the equity and fixed income securities financing market
Panel discussion with EquiLend, Trax, DTCC & guest speaker, moderated by TFE
09:15am – 10:00am
An interactive discussion between:
- David Field, Founder of The Field Effect, as moderator
- Iain MacKay, Post-trade Product Owner at EquiLend
- Tom Pikett, Product Manager at Trax
- Mark Steadman, European Head of Product Development at DTCC
This session will include:
- The specific challenges for the equities and fixed income markets
- Perspectives on reporting under EMIR / DFA
- Perspectives on preparing for SFTR from a Trade Repository
- Delegated reporting
- Solution design, build vs buy
- UTI usage and practises
- Trade affirmation & lifecycle events
About EquiLend & Trax®
EquiLend’s expertise in the securities finance industry, combined with Trax’s regulatory reporting and repo trade confirmation heritage, will result in a comprehensive service covering all SFTR-eligible asset classes.
As leading providers of trading, confirmation and post-trade lifecycle management, EquiLend and Trax are ideally placed to solve for the headaches around Unique Transaction Identifier (UTI) generation, timestamps and lifecycle events. EquiLend and Trax receive new trades and lifecycle events on an intra-day basis, allowing for regulatory reporting monitoring on a near real-time basis.
EquiLend and Trax will provide a solution that allows firms to obtain a pre-repository match to ensure accurate reporting and efficient exception management processing.
TFE will give all attendees a whitepaper on SFTR, plus the event will provide action points throughout to take back to your day job and begin planning for SFTR.
Due to data protection, you may receive this invite more than once so TFE would like to apologise in advance.