ISDA AGM Round-Up – 8 Announcements with a Focus on Margin
The ISDA AGM generated a wave of content last week which we've assembled into one handy place. Most of the material is focussed on margin for non-cleared products given the changes due in 2019.
This years AGM generated a vortex of content, which we've gathered togather in one place.
There is big focus on margin given that by the end of 2019 many firms in the market will be obliged to exchange Initial Margin. This also leads into an two announcements, one aligned with LinkLaters and the other with Allen & Overy. Both law firms have forged partnerships to tackle the upcoming documentation tidal wave for the 2019 IM deadline. An ISDA survey on margin paints an interesting picture of the scale of assets now placed to cover credit exposure, for both cleared and non-cleared products. And finally to recognise the focus on clearing, the election of new board members to ISDA representing CCPs themselves. An explanation of how to trade in the EU and US rounds out a pile of reading for anyone with the strength to take it all in.
Jump over to our special page with all the announcements, links and papers, plus an animated video. The page includes the following:
- Getting Ready for IM – Steps to take
- ISDA IQ Magazine for April
- ISDA and Linklaters partner for Online Margin Negotiation Tool (plus competing announcement from A&O/IHS Markit/SmartDX)
- Guide to Derivatives Trading on US/EU Venues
- IM for Non-Cleared Derivatives Rises by 22% (ISDA Margin Survey)
- New paper on Margin for Non-Cleared Derivatives
- How is Collateral Used in the Derivatives Market (Animation)
- New ISDA Board Members Including CCPs