May 3, 2013
markit conference – the highlights
- Large turnout, at least 500 if not more.
- Every seat with a keypad device for voting.
- Four panels and a keynote by Rich Ricci, until very recently CEO of Barclays Corporate and Investment Bank.
- If Europe had "more heads on spikes, like the US" there would now be less press, public and political pressure to push through new punitive regulations like the Financial Transactions Tax.
- Another question to the vote, "what is highest on the radar currently" and of the five options, highest was CCP Clearing at 62% and then Trade reporting at 24%.
- What will be the definition of an benchmark vs an index for regulators, so is it as simple as saying that when financial derivatives exist on an index is it a benchmark?
- Barclays by March 2013 had cleared $13 trillion of client trades (by May 2012 it was $1 trillion and by Nov 2012 $5 trillion).
Sep. 15, 2022
Tradefeedr Hires Alexis Fauth as Head of Data Science and Client Analytics
Sep. 06, 2022
Siege FX announces the launch of NetFix
Aug. 02, 2022
OSTTRA and LCH collaborate to reconcile bilateral OTC trade data
Jul. 26, 2022
Sell-side systems in need of upgrade for new risk reality
Jul. 15, 2022