News via RSS and following this Blog
There are three ways to follow this blog:
- Via RSS, see below
- Via Email, click the Follow button on the right
- Via Twitter, see the Contact page
Keeping track of industry news can be laborious if done manually, what some people don’t realise is that RSS provides a way to follow the news without much effort.
What you need to know, is that clicking this icon, lets you add a feed of news items from that source, and have new stories appear in your news feed automatically.
- Get yourself a news reader – the best way (IMO) is to use Google Reader – it works continuously whether or not your computer is switched on, and you can receive stories via the web or using many iPhone apps. Go to google and sign up.
- Configure your browser – the best way to add subscriptions is to ensure your browser offers the choice of adding an RSS feed straight into Google Reader. Chrome has a plug-in to achieve that, as does Firefox and Safari – check their extension / plug-ins catalogues.
- Find some feeds – see below for a suggested set for follows of OTC markets
- Get an iPhone / iPad / Android app, and point it at your Google Reader account
- http://www.bankingtech.com/ (look for the RSS icon)
- The CFTC
- Sean Sprackling, PwC
- ISDA derivatiViews
- Julia and DerivSource.com
- Deus Ex Macchiato – informed commentary on the markets
- Eurex press releases
- Euro Intelligence
- FT Trading Room, on Clearing and Settlement (subscription required to read the articles)
- Kevin McPartland, Tabb, personal blog
- LCH (look for the RSS icon bottom right)
- Markit, various RSS feeds
- Naked Capitalism
- Risk magazine (various feeds, subscription required)
- Single Dealer Platforms
- Craig Pirrong, Uni of Houston, the ‘streetwise‘ Professor
- TradeWeb’s DerivAlert
- CME feeds (bottom box has OTC Clearing)
- ICE clearing feeds