Occupy Finsbury Square London
A less well known site for the Occupy movement is Finsbury Square in London, right outside the Bloomberg Offices. I had a read of their materials and their big issues, which are hard to argue with are:
- The top 1% got us into an economic mess, which is the fault of politicians, but Bankers get hit as being a close second
- The top 1% of people by salary or wealth aren't suffering the cuts anything like the other 99%
- The average salary in the whole of the UK is around £26,000, compared to the salaries for CEOs mentioned in newspapers in the millions
- They're pissed off that the people in power, that have the wealth, and choose to inflict austerity on those who don't have power or wealth
- So their conclusion is to 'replace capitalism'
I don't see what exactly will satisfy the camp and motivate them to pack their tents – I think it's more likely the cold weather (if it ever arrives) will be a strong incentive. Photos below, click to embiggen them.