Information we may collect from you
You may give us information about you by registering with our site www.theotcspace.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and biographical data which may include your job title, number of years’ experience in your industry, employer and public profiles (e.g. LinkedIn). We may contact you to verify your details.
With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may also automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); material you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page
Where you opt to receive automated emails, it is your legitimate interest we are serving to send you updates from the site. If you opt out of automated emails we may still send occasional emails informing you of important news or events which we believe you should know about. You can opt out of email by using the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you receive.
Uses made of the information
We use information you give us to help us understand who our readers are and which articles our readers find most interesting. We may also use this information to provide you with information that you request from us, information about other services we offer that are similar and to notify you about changes to our service. By registering with our site, you consent to our use of your personal data for these purposes.
We may use information that we collect about you to administer and improve our site, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to derive aggregate data on the characteristics of our users.
We use your data to:
• Allow you to personalise your home page on the website
• Produce aggregate level charts to promote the business, none of which could identify you as an individual
• Provide sponsors with your personal data under specific circumstances (see ‘Disclosure of your information’ below)
• We check the data you provide and supplement it with the type of company you work for and the type of job you appear to do
• Send you announcements of events and information we think you will find relevant and interesting
• To send you automated emails when new articles are added to the site. Upon registration you have a choice on whether to receive emails this way or not.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with our sponsors in the event that you elect to view Sponsored Content (see the paragraph “Sponsored Content” below).
We may also share aggregate data on the characteristics of our users with Sponsors but such data will not identify you or any other user specifically.
On occasion our sponsors wish to know who is reading their content. We will provide them with your profile details including email address. The sponsor may, or may not, attempt to make contact as a result of receiving your data. This approach has been in operation since 2014 and our sponsors have behaved responsibly with the data provided to them about you.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes. If you request us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes, you will no longer be able to access Premium or Sponsored content.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the following rights:
• To provide a copy of the personal data we hold on you
• To correct your personal data
• Delete your data
• Restrict our use of your data
• To object to us using your data
To view or correct your personal data, login to the website and use the Account button on the home. To have your data deleted, receive a copy of any data outside the website, restrict our use of your data or make an objection, please contact us. We do not perform automated profiling or decision making using your data.