Rocket – Launch | The New OTC Space Magazine | Soon
A new magazine is coming – "Rocket" from The OTC Space
The OTC Space is pleased to announce the imminent publication of the first edition of its free magazine, "Rocket" in the next two to three weeks. Inside we will have a mix of articles from the website, plus new articles bringing you up to date with developments in the market. The magazine will be given a professional contemporary design using colour, callouts, and QR codes linking the contents back to the website.
Table of Contents
We have selected the most relevant articles from the site over the past few months, which are still useful and current, plus there is a large amount of new writing on issues facing firms right now.
- Clearing Houses, Bill Hodgson – Winners and Losers (new)
- An updated chart of CCP clearing notional amounts and commentary on the state of the cleared market
- European Trade Reporting, Amir Khwaja – What’s the Point?
- A review of the public data available from European Trade Repositories
- EMIR: A Progress Report, Bill Hodgson (new)
- A check point on where implementation of EMIR has got to, and what it has achieved
- Replicating CCP methodologies for validation, pricing and ‘resource management’, Sandy MacFadzean
- Why you want to think about using VaR at the pre-execution point
- Clearing House Authorisation Under EMIR, a Score Sheet, Bill Hodgson
- Which CCPs are now officially authorised by ESMA
- Ten Tips to Understand Credit Risk to Central Counterparties, Diana Higgins
- Clearing isn't risk free, this explains secondary risks you face
- The Cost of Using the Cleared OTC Market (new), Mas Nakachi
- The impact of moving trades into a CCP
- How Big is the OTC Market Really?, Jon Skinner
- Putting the OTC market in comparison with the value of other assets classes
- Swap Futures – The Next Big Thing? (new), Bill Hodgson
- Are Swap Futures going to take over the world?
- Volker Rule Hedge Accounting, Sol Steinberg
- Changes to US regulations around Hedge trades
- Comparing VaR and SPAN, Ben Larah
- A high level comparison of the OTC and ETD margin models
- Backwards? Regulators Systemic Risk: Have Got It Reduction, Jon Skinner
- An opinion piece on the order of new regulations
- State of the Markets (new), Amir Khwaja
- Data and charts on activity in the OTC market in 2014
- Combining OTC and ETD Products in One Margin Model (new), Byron Baldwin
- Cross-margining analysed
- Clearing House Margin Calculations – Can you Trust Them?, Peter Walsh (new)
- Can you or should ytou replicate CCP IM calculations?
- Leadership Styles in the Capital Markets, Penny Davenport (new)
- How do people behave when given Leadership roles?
The magazine is free – and will be posted to the many readers who have provided a postal address as part of their registration.
- If you aren't registered then do so here and fill in your address as you register.
- If you saved a postal address when you registered – you're done.
- If you haven't stored your postal address, follow these steps
- Click "My Account" on the home page
- You will be shown your profile
- Click "Edit Profile"
- You will see your email and password
- Look at the top right for the button "Reader"
- Update or add your postal address and click SAVE at the bottom
- See snapshots below
Once saved, carry on with your life.