10 Things You Need To Know About The European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR)
A commercial law firm Nabarro LLP has put together a short Q&A on EMIR, answering the following questions:
- Should I care about EMIR? (I should hope so)
- What are the requirements under EMIR?
- How do I satisfy the reporting requirement?
- How will clearing work?
- What about trades that are not centrally cleared?
- I've heard that EMIR applies differently to "financial counterparties" and "non-financial counterparties", is this correct?
- What are the thresholds between an NFC+ and an NFC-?
- What will firms need to do to satisfy the collateral requirement?
- What is the timing of EMIR?
- How does EMIR fit in with the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD)?
The answers are set out here: 10 Things You Need To Know About The European Market Infrastructure Regulation – Finance and Banking – United Kingdom.