A quartet becomes a sextet
While I was actually checking out how to tie a bowtie I was alerted of the fact that ESMA has now also registered
- ICE Trade Vault Europe Ltd (ICE TVEL), based in the United Kingdom; and
- CME Trade Repository Ltd (CME TR), based in the United Kingdom.
Both trade repositories are subsidiaries of the US-based IntercontinentalExchange Inc. (ICE) and Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group (CME) respectively. To link the fact that these two US-connected trade repositories are registered later with the current cross-border dissonance between the EU and the CFTC is probably just conjecture ;) . These two trade repositories complement the already existing quartet of trade repositories registered earlier this month (3 weeks ago, to be exact):
- DTCC Derivatives Repository Ltd. (DDRL), based in the United Kingdom;
- Krajowy Depozyt Papierów Wartosciowych S.A. (KDPW), based in Poland;
- Regis-TR S.A., based in Luxembourg; and
- UnaVista Ltd, based in the United Kingdom.
Coming to think of it, it was probably not an option to delay registration of DTCC. How is your trade reporting preparation coming along?