Join The Post Trade Forum
Join an interactive discussion and problem solving forum starting in October.
ISDA recently published a paper calling for greater automation and standards in the post trade space. I was puzzled why a paper was needed, given that some ISDA members spend half their lives in working groups trying to solve industry post-trade problems.
Perhaps a wider audience need to get involved with prioritising and solving post-trade automation, which gave birth to the idea of a discussion group for that purpose.
We launched the idea of a Post Trade Forum in this article to which we already have volunteers.
The plan for the Post Trade Forum is this:
- Provide a monthly meeting (on-line) where we tackle one specific topic
- Provide interactivity and discussion, not a one-way webinar, more like a working group
- We call for discussion points and questions prior to each meeting
- We invite expert(s) on that topic to provide advice and input
- We provide an 'open mic' for attendees to ask questions
- We provide guidance material, slides and papers to support each meeting
First: We need to prioritise your headaches and challenges via this one question survey. I've made a screen shot below to show you the format. Please click the link and let us know what's causing you sleepless nights.
Second: Join the Post Trade Forum mailing list here, we will announce the meetings via this list, and also via the OTC Space website.
Third: First meeting agenda:
We will organise and run an inaugural on-line meeting (in October) with the following agenda:
- Survey results on priorities for OTC Post Trade Processing (use this link)
- Open discussion on the pain points for the uncleared margin rules
- Presentation on preparing for the Uncleared Margin Rules by John Lund from JXL Consulting
- Q&A and problem solving
- Next meeting date, time and topic
Please join the Forum and lets move the industry forwards.
Best wishes, Bill & The Team.